I am who I am today because of my journaling. Because of the thoughts that I write down, I have a better understanding of who I am. I've suffered depression possibly my entire life. But I began writing at the age of 14, and it has been a coping strategy for me. It has made it easier for me to fight the good fight and maintain a positive attitude, no matter what life throws at me. It has also helped me become more alert and mindful of other people's struggles and I've learned to be more empathic. I would advise every young parent to read to their children and instill a passion for writing in them. In the 17 years that I spent teaching at Hoƫrskool Piet Potgieter, I never met anyone who loved writing as much as I do. When we can't write down our own thoughts, I believe we miss out on an incredible learning opportunity.
When we share our emotions, our dreams, our fears, our efforts, our pain, our hopes, and our joys, we open up powerful opportunities for others to learn. Life experience is a master teacher and when we share our experiences, we empower others. Life is too short not to take advantage of all the free resources around us. In this blog, I share what I have experienced in life simply, because I can...
Friday, 31 December 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Neither Thistle Nor Thorn
There's a lot of detail to a garden which the hurried eye misses. The rose isn't merely a flower, nor lavender merely purple, nor ja...
-
No Judgment I too am human. Imperfect. Inclined to sin. And I cannot judge you for being the same. There are ten commandments in the Old Tes...
-
Winston Churchill said, "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." The greatest problem we face ...
-
“The more a diamond is cut, the more it sparkles.” – F.B. Meyer Diamonds are another amazing example of God’s creative power. Black ca...
No comments:
Post a Comment