Wednesday 29 December 2021

Poetry: The New Year

The New Year

 

I stood at the opened door

And looked into the New Year.

My loved ones were there

half-asleep in our future plan.

They weren’t ready, but then,

Neither was I.

I saw the shadows of the present

Float across the land and drift to

The great waters of the Atlantic.

This, the plan, would be where

We would live to see the sun set

On a distant horizon.

I know I can move through the year

Along the paths we have decided to choose,

But I’m hesitant as the lack of

Courage lifts me up on a breeze of

The unknown.

I want to be drenched in hope and expectation,

Yet, my mind persuades me to sit in silence

As the Old Year breathes out its final breath.

I’m not at the beginning, no.

I’m merely standing at the opened door

Of the New Year’s

Inexhaustible tomorrows.


Pedro Ramos ~ Unsplash


 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Meaning of Life

  The meaning of life is often considered a mystery, and many people go to great lengths to find the meaning of theirs. If you are one of th...