Monday 13 December 2021

Fear shouldn't deter us!

I read this quote once: “It’s hard to be a bright light in a dim world” (Gary Starta). It made me realize how important it is to radiate light and positive energy.


It doesnt matter where we look, we are constantly bombarded with negativity. Facebook was something I used to like, at one point in my life, but it’s now overrun with advertisements, and negative comments and pictures. The only reason I haven’t closed the account yet is that I’m curious (FOMO at its best). But you’ve heard about what curiosity did to the cat, haven’t you? Methinks I need a new hobby. I think it might be a good idea to make 2022 the year of less scrolling and more getting out into the world. 


With my brother’s untimely death on October 25, 2021, I’ve been reflecting on my own health and life choices. My husband and I have worked our fingers to the bone to put bread on the table in this little bushveld town for the past 21 years. We’ve raised our children here. It’s only been a matter of existence. It doesnt feel like weve lived. As a result, the recurring question since Johan’s death is: Do we uproot and relocate, or do we stay here?


A similar attempt was made in 1999 but failed. Should the fear of bumping my head twice deter me from taking another chance?  


Fear shouldnt discourage us from the opportunity to shine. My light needs to shine again. It has dimmed here for some unknown reason. And the dimming began long before the tragic night of 25 October. 


“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” ~ Corrie ten Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Meaning of Life

  The meaning of life is often considered a mystery, and many people go to great lengths to find the meaning of theirs. If you are one of th...