Friday 7 July 2023

Mother Dearest, How?

The voice of truth, the call arrived,

A shock indeed, my soul contrived;

Though hindsight’s gaze has gently shown,

My inner self had aways known:

It couldn’t be anything less, my Dear –

 

For in the hours before dawn,

I witnessed your strength and breath drawn,

As you fought against Torment’s chains –

There was no solace for its strains …

And I, frozen in the face of Fear,

 

Stood helplessly, fraught with despair,

For I did not know how to take care

Of Frailty; Oh, that fateful day! 

Death snuck in and took him away –

Death isn’t welcome here again!

 

Yet, watching you gasp for new air,

Your struggle became mine to bear;

You fought to swallow a sip so small, 

Your thirst a relentless dry call

To be set free, free from the pain.

 

If I could breathe for you …

If I could bear your pain for you …

There is no healing …

How will I live without you?

Oh, Mother Dearest,

How?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Meaning of Life

  The meaning of life is often considered a mystery, and many people go to great lengths to find the meaning of theirs. If you are one of th...