Tuesday 2 March 2021

It's merely an opinion!

I’m probably the only person who thinks like this and really it’s okay.

I believe that God has put people in my life so that I can make a difference in their lives. They don’t have to make a difference in mine. It’s my life. It’s my purpose.

I believe that God has put people in my life so that they can make a difference in my life. I don’t have to make a difference in theirs. It’s their life. It’s their purpose.

I believe that God has put people in my life so that I can make a difference in their life and they can make a difference in my life. It’s my life. It’s their life. It’s not “our” life. It’s my purpose. It’s their purpose. It’s not “our” purpose.

1) I don’t live in expectation.

I accept reality. There's no standard reward system for social relationships or social interaction. When there's no expectation, there's no resentment or frustration. Relationships and interaction aren’t forced. Life flows.

2) I have a purpose on earth.

My purpose is always to try and do what is good. That's it! I give 100% and expect 0% in return. It equates to happiness. Doing good involves acts of kindness like helping or listening to people, thinking of a specific person, or praying for someone.

My purpose is to take ownership of my life and to take care of myself. I can’t pour from an empty cup. There’s nothing wholesome in trying to please others and putting unnecessary pressure on myself when I’m not feeling okay. So, if I don’t want to extend myself to help someone and I give 0%, it’s not the end of the world! I’m allowed to rest.

3) I can't control others, but I can control myself.

I can't control how other people think or behave or react. I don’t share their perspectives and I don’t walk in their shoes. Because I experience life in a unique way, I accept the fact that others also experience life in a unique way. No one has the right to dictate who I am and what I should do. So, I don’t do it either. I accept ME for who and what I am, and I accept OTHERS for who and what they are. I'm allowed to give my opinion, but it's merely an opinion – not the law. What people do with my opinion is their choice. The same can be said about the opinion of others. Their opinion is merely an opinion – not the law. What I do with their opinion is my choice.

Life is not perfect. It’s emphatically hard. Because life is hard, I can't judge people. All I can do is live each day to the full and control how I'm going to respond to what happens during each day.

"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed." Alexander Pope

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Meaning of Life

  The meaning of life is often considered a mystery, and many people go to great lengths to find the meaning of theirs. If you are one of th...